Friday, February 2, 2007

I have had the most wonderful luck to find another ameloblastoma survivor here through blogger.com. I have searched and searched but not been able to find anyone and of course the hospital can't give me any information on others they have treated. He is in a much better place than I, having had his surgery back in the mid 90's. He has had implants since, 2 1/2 years after the initial removal (I am 1 1/2 years from my initial removal, which does give me hope) but has chosen not to have any cosmetic surgery on his chin. I am hopeful that he can help me get to where I need to be again, but he is a busy man and has written a couple of books from his experiences. I emailed him back, and pray this correspondence can only help me get to where I need to be in terms of being comfortable with myself or making decisions as to how we will proceed in future treatment.

No comments: