Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reaching out

I have been getting numerous emails lately from people who have found my blog and are thanking me for it, as they themselves are dealing with ameloblastoma and dont know where to look. Most are newly diagnosed and looking for answers, some have friends and family who are recently diagnosed and are questioning what exactly it is, and some have dealt with it themselves in some capacity. My heart goes out to everyone who in some way has been touched by this disease and the treatment that seems never ending. I wish we hadnt had to meet on these terms- and yet I am reminded that there is some kind of comfort in comraderie, as horrible as ours may be. I will always be here to answer questions or concerns for you guys so always feel free to contact me. Part of me thinks that I was made to go through this so I can be here to help other people in dealing with their own. There just isnt a lot of information out there on this at all, so if I can be a small beacon of light to even one other person I feel I have done what this blog is intended to do. And, of course, I hope you all have an easier time of your surgeries than I have! :P

No comments: