Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yay for girlfriends!

Photobucket

My friend Emilie was in town for a much needed night of hanging out and chatting. There is nothing quite like getting away from it all with a good friend. Sometimes we forget to be human beings, and allow the medical side to consume us. I am trying more and more to not let that happen. Working has helped too, just getting out 4 or 5 days a week and being around other people helps. I feel so much better these days, even if it is exhausting.

My next appointment is on Monday, I am worried for it, as it has been a few weeks and I always get weird new news when I go. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so been wondering about you..... i will be waitin to hear how the appt goes..... i went back for my check up and they said that they dont see anymore cancer..... now im waitin for my mouth to clear a lil more of the blisters and all so i can go back tomy prosthetic Dr. to get that made i cant wait to have teh real piece so i can bite crap again....i still fight my tongue burning cant do sweets burns sooooo bad.... even regular it burns still.... plus the ever loving dry mouth i walk around permanently attached to a water bottle... ehehhehe... keep me updated girl.... u still have my email right...

Jessica and Kier

Anonymous said...

It is hard to put ameloblastoma away. Your latest entry is a good reminder of how important it is to live your life. I like thh music too. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever go another day WITHOUT thinking about this damn tumor. I hope so. Nobody gives you any idea of what this is like when the process gets started. It takes forever - seems to always have setbacks and affects you physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially . They made the surgery sound so simple when they first described it. HA ! Thanks for your entry - Cheryl