Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First bad news in a while...

and I am not sure how to handle it really.

Today the doctors saw 2 cm of exposed area in the front of my mouth where the plate is as well as an area on the left that is thinning out and getting ready to become exposed. This is pretty bad because that means there is an opening down into all that nice fresh bone in there- what my body has been working on since September pretty much, and it is highly susceptible to infection. So the doctor put me back on antibiotics in the hopes of warding off infection, lots of oral rinses with salt water, no food down there, etc. The best outcome is that it will granulate back in and cover itself back up again- but the worst is just so bad that I dont even want to think about it.

But I cant help thinking about it.

This sucks. I am so tired of all of this. I want to give up but I cant and that sucks even more.

No comments: