Friday, November 9, 2007

Liberating!

So, tomorrow I get my PICC line out. I only have two doses of the Zosyn left to go, my 2 pm and my 10 pm. Yay!!! I am going to feel so liberated having this out of my arm. I told Chris I am going to shower until I am all pruney and white and wrinkled. Unfortunately, the doctors do not think I am ready to go off antibiotics all together so I get to take these absolute horsepills of penicillin twice a day for another 2 months. But, its will be worth it to be off the IV meds!

My neck wound is ok, the wound is getting smaller and smaller. But it does still drip here and there (do try to control yourselves, I know that is awesome) which sets my anxiety rolling every time it happens. I am really ready for it to close entirely and it seems to be taking forever! My swelling looks down a bit every day so that is good.

I hate to admit this but for some reason I worry that I am not out of the woods yet. Every time something happens I worry that its another infection. For example, over the past week or so I have been getting flushed and my face stays pink and warm for quite a while. I am wondering if it isnt the Zosyn, as the doctor said I had a delayed reaction to it with the itching while it is going in, so maybe it is because it is in my system all day long that every once in a while it makes me flush like that. There is that, and then also the incredible fatigue I have been getting over the past 3 days. It usually hits me around 6 at night, so I am not sure if that can be attributed to the fact that I just wear myself out all day and then just have to lay down or if it means something more. I just cant stop worrying that the infection is going to come back- it consumes me sometimes, and its all I can think about. But I have to take this one day at a time and just hope that I am okay from here on out.

I realized I havent shown my hip scars lately and how they've healed. They are looking good. The scars are still red, but they will fade over time, and all of the bruising is gone. I am really happy with how they look, the incisions follow the line of my hip bone and are very even. When they totally heal I think they will hardly be noticeable. I am going to show pictures from the first day, and the last picture is from today. You can also see how much weight I have lost, hopefully that won't continue or soon I'll look like walking stick person with a big balloon sized head.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: