Monday, April 20, 2009

All looks fine

So I had a good appointment today. The area looks healthy, and I havent had any more bleeding. Dr. Wong was loath to remove the teeth, because they really arent meant to be removed until the permanent ones are ready and he said you can risk doing damage if you do do it, so I didnt have to go through that (thank goodness, you'd think I'd be less of a wuss about stuff like that after everything I've been through but it still makes me cringe thinking of anything being done in there).

Remember that lump I had inside my mouth where my denture lay that they said was filled with fluid when they went in? They cleaned it out, but the dr said perhaps it had filled with old blood and slouthed off and that is what all that blood was from. It was underneath the denture on the side where there isnt a gap, so I wouldnt have been able to get under there and see it anyway, so maybe that is what happened instead of the blood coming from that one area we thought it had come from. Who knows I guess? Just more of "keep it clean" and "make sure you dont eat very hard things" etc and go home and wait.

So they said that if I experience any more bleeding to come in but other than that I go back in again next month. I am so glad because I was so stressed and worried about today and it turns out that (hopefully) what happened was a fluke.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

1 comment:

Myra Hough said...

Good to hear that everything is ok!