Tuesday, February 17, 2009

out of surgery

I am in a surprising amount of pain, mostly due to the fact that the teeth are in there pressing on the swelling, my throat hurts terribly from the tube they stuck down it, and my lips are hugely swollen which is pulling them tight and they hurt pretty badly- but the surgery is done thank God. I did have an infection, which in my heart I just knew I did, but luckily it was localized and all in the little "sac" of fluid I had been noticing, and so I ended up losing one of the implants. However, my doctor put in 5 and said I can still have a stable base with 4 implants so they went ahead and did the teeth. I am on antibiotics now (and some vicodin- yippee! lol).

I found outsomething new today...they werent able to put the "regular" teeth in there...I guess those have a metal base on them for more permanency and stability but they werent able to put them on probably because of the infection and they just want to be sure all is well before attaching that final set. Soo that will be in another 6 months or so, after all of this is healed up nicely. They just converted the denture I have been wearing and attached it to the implants. I can still eat some foods that I wasnt able to eat before, yet nothing too hard yet. Kind of a bummer, as I assumed this was it. But, at least these teeth are in there and fixed nicely so I can eat again a little easier.

Here are a couple of pictures. Brace yourself, I know I look hideous...kinda like that lady that just gave birth to octuplets lol.

Photobucket

One Chris took of the cat sleeping with me, she has ben so loving, I think she knows I am in pain:

Photobucket

That's it for now, sitting up is making me feel nauseated. I'll keep you all posted.

6 comments:

Melanie and family said...

feel better soon! I'm praying for you!

stacey said...

You look amazing for just having had surgery. I wish you could see yourself as we all see you! As for your kitty, that is so sweet! I'm glad your little fur ball is keeping you company. Get lots of rest Tina and feel better soon!

Cindy S. said...

Thinking of you...I hope you heal quickly!

nikki said...

YAY! Im glad you're out of surgery. I hope today is less painful! Im thinking about you!!

Unknown said...

I have been praying for you! I hope the pain settles down soon. Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and praying for you. I hope you feel better soon and heal quickly.